|Three-storey pebble-dashed building with gable at front. This has had several uses, including two sessions as a framer/photographers studio. M. Audin-Woods used it in the late 1920s and, after being used as a pork-butchers shop, Dave Granger took it over until he sold it in 2005. In 2010, the Relate charity moved from across the road at 6b. |
In 1890, Frederick & Maria Prince lived here- no occupation was listed in the census. The Relate charity took over the shop in 2011, surviving 5 years before financial dificulties forced the
area Relate organisation to close. The shop was almost immediately taken over by Vintage Antiques, who had previously traded from a shop in Noble Street. In 2018 they moved to a larger shop in the main car park.
Read an account of the Turners closure from the Wemian magazine